Monday, January 23, 2006

"I don't care what they say anymore, this is my life"

So, uh, hi!

The most wonderful, heartwarming thing happened to me over the last couple days. A young girl, named Olivia, and her mother came into the store yesterday, asking if we had any knitters who could do a little knit repair. The object in need of some care was a kitten doll, created by the Great Grandmother (who is no longer with us) of the young lady. The poor little kitten had lost her mittens and was in dire need of a replacement set (and I figured a new matching scarf as well.) There was great sentimental value attached to this kitten but Olivia was brave and trusted her precious kitty to my care for the night so I could fit her with a snappy new set of handwarmers. I glady obliged and whipped up some knitterly love.

Today, Olivia and her mother came into the store to pick up the kitten and presented me with this:


I swear, I got a little tear eyed and overwelmed. I think I got more out of this exchange than Olivia did.









Three Little Kittens

Three little kittens,
They lost their mittens,
And they began to cry,
Oh mother dear,
We sadly fear,
That we have lost our mittens.

What! Lost your mittens,
You naughty kittens!
Then you shall have no pie.
Mee-ow, mee-ow, mee-ow,
No, you shall have no pie.


The three little kittens,
They found their mittens,
And they began to cry,
Oh, mother dear,
See here, see here,
We have found our mittens.


What! Found your mittens,
You silly kittens!
Then you shall have some pie.
Purr-r, purr-r, purr-r,
Oh, let us have some pie.

The three little kittens,
Put on their mittens,
And soon ate up the pie;

Oh, mother dear,
We greatly fear,
That we have soiled our mittens.


What! Soiled your mittens,
You naughty kittens!
Then they began to sigh,
Mee-ow, mee-ow, mee-ow.
Then they began to sigh.

The three little kittens,
They washed their mittens,
And hung them out to dry;
Oh mother dear,


Look here, look here,
We have washed our mittens.
What! Washed your mittens,
You're good little kittens .
But I smell a mouse close by!
Hush! Hush! Hush!
I smell a mouse close by

3 comments:

Nathania said...

Yay! That's just so sweet. Happy kitten, happy Olivia, happy Chloe. It doesn't get better than that. Mwah!

Maria said...

Hi Chloe:
I know Olivia and her mother very well, and I've heard about the kitty, in fact I told them how nice you guys were. I'm glad you helped her out.
Hugs
Maria

Anonymous said...

you rule. seriously, that made me all warm and fuzzy inside. you're doing good things with those sticks and strings....
-rebecca