Thursday, February 09, 2006

"Every little thing she does is magic"


The Family that watches Firefly together...

wears Jayne hats together.

Poor hubby was feeling ill the other day so I thought I'd cheer him up with a handknit surprise. We'd started watching Firefly on DVD after loving Serenity so much. I knew of the mysterious Jayne hat, but we hadn't gotten to the episode which featured it. I
figured we'd hit it that night because we were down to one disk. So I placed Eddie's gift in a leftover x-mas gift box, and waited for the hat to appear on screen. Lucky for me, it was within the first five minutes of the first episode. Jayne receives a package from his mom; I hopped up from my chair and gave the gift box to Eddie and told him, "Open it at the same time Jayne opens the present from his mom." He obliged and gave me the most priceless, wonderful look. "How did you know that was going to happen?" was his stunned reaction. Later, in telling the story to our housemate, he said, "It was magical." And that, dear friends, is a good reason to knit.


3 comments:

Nathania said...

Oh My Gawd! You two are too frickin' cute. The hats look fab, but the method of delivery is priceless!

Alix said...

"Pretty cunning, doncha think?"

Which is the perfect Jayne line, talking about his hat, that perfectly describes your method of gifting it to your husband.

That is an awesome story, and an awesome picture of the two of you wearing your Jayne hats. :)

(I am hiding my name behind the anonymity of the web, but ask Nathania or Emy who I am as they know me on my craft journal, tersacrafts :)

blckbtch said...

Dude!!! You like Firefly too!!!!??? EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!