Tuesday, February 28, 2006

"It's some other man, and they're hand in hand, and they look so happy, you don't understand..."

I am a winner. I finished my Olympic sweater with hours to spare. I must say, this is my best seaming job ever. The real challenge for me was to not rush it and actually line all the stitches up in their proper places. I decided not to add the sash because the sweater was a bit roomy (even though my gauge was smaller than stated) and a empire style belt just made the whole thing very unappealing to me. Pictures will follow. In the mean time, enjoy my flashy medal, created by Franklin..

In other news, I'm teaching a top down raglan sweater class, 3/4 & 3/11, 3-6PM, at commuknity. Come sign up so I'm not teaching the dustmites how to create an awesomely fitting sweater custom fit to your measurements.

And just one more aside...
I saw an ad on the side of a bus for "Disney on Ice presents Finding Nemo." My question is how do fish ice skate if they don't have feet?

1 comment:

Alix said...

Woohoo on the Knitting Olympics finish!

I'm going to sadly pass on your class, but mostly because I am currently poor (time to purchase Sharks playoff tickets--sadly, this says where my priorities are.... :)

And just one more aside...
I saw an ad on the side of a bus for "Disney on Ice presents Finding Nemo." My question is how do fish ice skate if they don't have feet?


Hee! One of my co-workers went and saw this. Apparently one of the little boys near her kept asking the same question.

But, I've seen photos of the performers for this show. And, dude--it's creepy seeing Dory with a human face coming out of her costume and human legs (albeit blue) coming out of her tummy.