Monday, May 08, 2006

"You take me for a walk, under the sycamore trees, the dark trees that blow, baby, in the dark trees that blow"


As said by the One-Armed Man: "In the darkness of future past, the magician longs to see. One chance outs between two worlds... fire, walk with me."

I got my sockapalooza socks and they are Fire on the Mountain, Socks that Rock by Blue Moon Fibers! Now, this is terribly cool and an awesome coincidence because I was just eyeing and envying Miss Melodie's sock yarn in the very same color way. But not only did I get awesome socks that fit perfectly (they even hug my arch,) I got a whole batch of goodies from my dear sockpal, Annette (a California native now living in North Carolina who possesses a Doctorate in Biology! My socks were made by a smartie!) My socks were paired in a super cute sock label featuring the sockapalooza logo, too clever. The package also contained absolutely beautiful handmade stitch markers (which you can see in close up on her blog,) the rest of the fire on the mountain (YES! I'll make matching cuffs!) a postcard from Duke, AND two balls of silly cute, funk-a-licious Regia sock yarn so I can make myself a pair of socks! Too awesome! I am totally spoiled! One detail I adore on these socks is the cuff is a zig zag caused by the pattern on the actual socks. Thank you, Annette! So Happy! Yatta!

3 comments:

Emy said...

Those. Are. So. Awesome.

If you wear them tomorrow, it will truly complete the theme you set up. ;)

Annette said...

Yeah, I'm so glad you like them Chloe. I'm a bit worried about the extra sock yarn though and the colors. If you don't like the yarn, that's okay. Find a nice home for the skeins or someone to knit socks for.
I checked the other day and your blog was down, so I thought you disappeared. Glad to see it back up and running.

Chloe Sparkle said...

I totally dig the skeins o' sock yarn. I'm going to knit myself a pair of toe up socks from them, and knit until the yarn runs out!