Wednesday, August 16, 2006

"You must be my lucky star 'cuz you shine on me wherever you are."

One hundred things about me, in no particular order.

1. I was born in Santa Clara, Ca, on December 6th, 1977.
2. I was married October 31, 2004.
3. My first cat's name was Rube.
4. My middle name is Sparkle.
5. I actually own my car, a 2000 Hyundai Accent named Angggggus!
6. Billy Idol was my first crush.
7. I made a scrapbook devoted to said first crush.
8. My first concert was Pat Benetar.
9. My last concert was Twiztid.
10. I've been to Europe twice.
11. I love skulls, muertos, and calaveras.
12. I think pirates and ninjas are cool.
13. I love the Gamara and Mothra movies.
14. I drink way too much diet coke, at least 5 two liters a week.
15. I want to design knitting patterns for a living.
16. I got my driver's license at 16.
17. I took behind the wheel training from a guy who would nap the whole time I drove.
18. I got a 70 on my driver's test. (Hey, I took it downtown, ok!)
19. My first instrument was piano; I only studied for about 3 months, but in that time I learned to read music.
20. My second instrument was clarinet. I played that for four years.
21. I sang in different choirs for 8 years straight, from Freshman year in high school to senior in college.
22. I got my degree in Music, vocal performance.
23. My senior recital consisted mainly of Schubert Goethe Lieder and John Jacob Niles artsongs.
24. I had my first real kiss at 17.
25. I have a scar on my upper lip from trying to place a cat on top of a speaker cabinet. The cat used his back leg to get his balance and I ended up needing 3 stitches.
26. I have one tattoo, on my upper back. It's Sarasvati, and she protects me from infatuation.
27. I was in a motorcycle accident when I was ten. I had the scars for a long time. Now, I can hardly see them
28. I've got a pretty decent scar on my leg from trying to stand on a fish tank and crashing right through it.
29. I used to sleep in a 6 and half foot high bunk bed. It was hand made by my carpenter neighbor.
30. My first computer was an Atari 800.
31. I first dyed my hair as a sophomore in high school. Red.
32. I studied dance for all four years of high school
33. I was way into musical theater as well. My first solo was "Send in the Clowns."
34. I've met most of the Psychopathic family.
35. I've met Tori Amos.
36. "To Kill a Mockingbird" is one of my favorite books. All you have to do is say, "Hey Boo," to me and I'll start bawling.
37. Red is my all time favorite color. Really pure reds.
38. I like Pinot Noir.
39. "Evil Dead 2, the sequel to the ultimate experience in grueling terror," is on of my all time favorite movies.
40. "Pet Sounds" is one of my top ten albums.
41. I got married in a red wedding dress.
42. I have a soft spot for vampire novels.
43. My yarn stash isn't really that big.
44. Pastels look awful on me.
45. I love blue glass.
46. Gardenia and Nag Champa are two of my favorite smells.
47. I can eat fire.
48. My husband and I own a wall sculpture call "Mr. Poopy, the octopus."
49. Debbie New and Barbara Walker are my knitting heros.
50. "Preacher" is on of my favorite comics.
51. Batman is my favorite superhero.
52. My first lunchbox had Carebears on it.
53. I like Decepticons better than Autobots. Soundwave rules!
54. I watched a lot of She-Ra and He-Man growing up. What ridiculous names. He-man, geesh.
55. I never owned a Strawberry Shortcake nor a Rainbow Brite.
56. I want to visit India.
57. I'm pretty vain. Flattering my vanity will get you everywhere.
58. I dig costume jewelry.
59. "The Faberge Egg" coffee table book holds endless hours of fascination for me.
60. The "Pinkerton" books were a big part of my childhood.
61. I can be still and quiet for very long periods of time.
62. I have a serious weakness for tall boys with side burns and a "little more to love."
63. Conan O'Brien was my teenage crush. From 16 to at least 20 years old.
64. I'm currently taking traffic school online.
65. I volunteered at the suicide and Crisis hotline of Santa Clara County for three years.
66. I'm pretty good at making friendship bracelets.
67. I love Mortal Combat, the movie and the video game.
68. I play World of Warcraft.
69. I play Texas Hold 'em.
70. Chinese art really appeals to me.
71. Stained glass makes me happy.
72. My first modem was 4800 baud.
73. I had an obsession with Marilyn Monroe for a long time. I had posters of her all over my room.
74. I made a weak attempt at being rockabilly. I did rock me some Bettie Paige bangs, though.
75. I am woman, hear me roar.
76. I've seen "The Thing!" on highway 10.
77. I like platform shoes and boots. I always wanted to be very tall.
78. The Cure is probably one of the very few "80's bands" I obsessed over.
79. I've got greenish brown eyes. You have to look very close to see the green, so they mostly just look brown.
80. I had awful acne as a teenager.
81. Lace knitting makes me happy!
82. Movies are a great passion for my husband and me.
83. I think Will Ferrell is kind of attractive. It must be that whole sideburns/tall thing.
84. I like long, flowy skirts and halter tops.
85. I wish I took more pictures.
86. I love my family to pieces and I treasure the relationship we all have now, as adults.
87. I want to be a 50's pin-up girl.
88. I've done "Burlesque." In fact, I've appeared in a book on the new movement.
89. I'm fairly shy until you get to know me.
90. My favorite chocolate is "Mayan Quest" by Schura's.
91. Smarties are my favorite candy.
92. I have a pet snake named "Milton." You know, Paradise Lost...
93. I've seen Michaelangelo's David and the Sistene Chapel in person.
94. I've been to Berlin's Love Parade.
95. Neil Gaimen is one of my favorite authors.
96. I always wanted green eyes.
97. I want to get my maiden name tattooed across my knuckles. D-Y-D-O.
98. Handpainted yarns are the way to go.
99. I feel quite lucky to have my life.
100. Richard Scarey's counting books also held endless hours of entertainment for me.

Woo. Did you read all that?

4 comments:

Andrew said...

I AM tall. It's not all it's cracked up to be. Sure, it is cool to be able to reach the top shelf at the supermarket, but you try sleeping on the red eye flight. No way, isn't going to happen.
To Love, Honor and Dismay

Alison said...

Hi, Chloe!

I loved He-man and She-ra.

I should come in and see you guys; I haven't knit in a few weeks now. Miss you -

Alison

Lee said...

Fuck Yeah I did. Nothing new. :) Many of those firsts were also mine.

Eddie said...

I'm bookmarking this post. I can't forget #'s 1 and 2.