Tuesday, May 27, 2008

"cause lately I've been thinking of combustion as a welcome vacation from the burdens of the planet Earth."

Hiya kids.

For those of you who don't know, all my blog post titles have been lyrics from whatever random song I have stuck in my head. Sometimes it means something; sometimes it doesn't. Eddie got some great advice once that's stuck with me for a long time: "Don't make it out to be more than what it is."

So here's the latest news with regards to my medical condition:

I'll be getting a shot of Lupron in the next couple of days. I'll be in a medically induced menopause for three months to calm my endometriosis down. In about 8 weeks, I'm going to have another Laparoscopy, this time done by Dr. Camran Nezhat. I'll be down for at least 8 weeks after that, trying to avoid giving myself a hernia.

I'm really trying to remain hopeful that this will be the last surgery. This time around has been so much harder on me mentally and emotionally. I've never been through anything like this last year and my mental resources are absolutely sapped. So if you feel like getting me a present, get me something from Lush or Vosges! (I need chocolate and pampering to build up my serotonin levels.)

I'm on edge most of the time, anxious, scared. My social filters are most certainly lacking. I say things I wouldn't normally say and act out of character. It doesn't take much to make me cry or rather it seems like everything in my life right now is really traumatic so maybe I have a good reason for bursting into tears!

Essentially, what this all means is I'm going to be out of commission for a few months. I won't be in the shop, my mobility is limited because of the chronic pain, and I'm not driving.

I greatly appreciate the e-cards, emails, and visits. Please, if you'd like to come visit me, drop me a line and we'll set up some time.

9 comments:

IrishgirlieKnits said...

Oh Chloe, Big big hugs. Hang in there sweetie and take care of yourself! Chocolate and lush is definately the answer in times like these (well, and STR for some of us!).

esmerel said...

I really hope this takes care of it once and for all. *hugs*

mal said...

Aww, honey. *hugs*

Monet said...

I hope that the shot helps to calm things down and that the upcoming laparoscopy is the last surgery, at least in the near future.

I never experienced endometriosis, but I've had enough other female issues (whispers, 'cancer'), so my heart goes out to you.

Hang in there and I hope that you feel better soon. Just rest - at this time it's the best thing for you.

Romi said...

{{{{{{{{{{Chloe}}}}}}}}}

Emy said...

Lush? Chocolate? These are definitely a few of my favorite things. I am, however, most definitely sorry for WHY they've become part of your prescription. :( Smack me around a bit and I'll be happy to come over, and I'll TRY not to make bad jokes, okay?

(Well, not too many, anyway.)

Mom said...

Hi Chloe,
I've been through what you're talking about. Drink lots of ice water when the hot flashes start - or open the freezer and take in the cold air. I'm sending "cool" thoughts and prayers of chocolate in your direction!
Carrie

Cindy/Snid said...

Wish I were there to bring over some good chocolate or chicken noodle soup or weird music or funny movies or something. I am thinking of you.

Also, you might have someone pick up some Rescue Remedy for you (if you don't already have some). It will help with the emotional stuff, bring back a bit of balance and all that. Big hugs to you!!!!!!

Stilaholic Nartian knits said...

Did you say Lush? I just love browsing the store. Any particular scents you like of theirs? You know, just in case I BART over one day for a lunchtime walk around the Square.