Wednesday, June 25, 2008

"I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in"

Check it, yo:










Aw yeah.

You know I'll be there!


And speaking of my condition:
I recently found out that my lady bits problems are genetic. My Aunt M and my Great Aunt B both had complications from endometriosis. It's comforting, in a way, to know that this was something left to me by the genetic lottery and totally of out my hands. The part that worries me, though, is that my Aunts had one baby each, with great difficulty, before they were my age. It's been thirty years since my Aunt had her treatment and there have been huge leaps in treating this ailment, but I still worry.

My pain is currently up and down; it's definitely down since I had the Lupron shot (just Advil for me!) I really just want to get back on with my life.

3 comments:

Marie said...

Glad to hear you're feeling okay. It's amazing the stuff that's encoded in our genes - some of it is totally cool and some of it sucks.

Monet said...

Hang in there and remember, this too shall pass. Thank goodness for Advil sometimes.

I do hope that you are feeling better soon.

AlisonH said...

Hang in there. I'd loan you mine if I could--that at least was one part of my bod that did its job the way it was supposed to.