Over the last two days, we've been overwhelmed with phone calls and text messages and emails and Gatorade (Chloe's not eating solids yet). I'd love to call each and every one of you back, but after repeating the same thing enough times to make a baker happy with his dozen, I thought I'd hit you all at once.
This, of course, doesn't mean we love you any less... it just means we've a lot on the table right now. By broadcasting over this virtual PA you will hopefully get all the answers, and I won't need to get laryngitis from saying it so often! ;)
So here's the summary
The surgery went smoothly. There were no complications, according to Dr. Nezhat. We get a full description and breakdown as soon as Chloe is well enough for the follow up visit.
In the meantime here is what we do know:
- Chloe is doing great. She's home and should be ready for visitors by the weekend.
- She is heavily medicated and bedridden - hold off on the calls for a couple more days. (Text messages are great! She can reply at her leisure).
- The nurses and docs were pretty impressed to see her walking around the halls that afternoon. My Chloe is one tough bitch.
- "The scarring and adhesions were severe and extensive." Nezhat repeated and reiterated "severe" enough to temp me to buy him a thesaurus.
- There were no unexpected illnesses or cancer.
- I mistook the first time he said "adhesion" for "infection" - this is incorrect info and sorry to those i've already passed it along to.
- The remaining half ovary on her left side, as well as the right fallopian tube were removed. (Her left tube was removed in the previous surgery).
- We'll still be able to have kids, but the need for help is now certain in that matter.
- She is out of commision for 4 days to 8 weeks - this has not yet been defined but will be determined by how well she does.
- It'll be 2 weeks before she'll be able to drive again.
- We are in good spirits, and are accepting good spirits as gifts. She's a Jack fan and I like white russians. ;)
- I won't post our mailing address or phone #'s, but comment that you'd like them and I'll cut and paste an email to you.
- Post your comments here and Chloe will read them!
- If your question wasn't answered here, please ask.