Tuesday, November 25, 2008

"He robbed from the rich and he gave to the poor, stood up to the man and gave him what for."

I heart Warren Sapp. It must be declared, here and now. I love the chemistry between him and Kim Johnson on Dancing with the Stars; I hope they win tonight!



In knitting news...
May I present "Mesmer," my newest pattern, coming out this week. I got inspired watching Alan Rickman sensually emote all over my teevee in the 1994 flick of the same name (thank you netflix, you are my shinning Knight). This sock pattern features whirling cables around the leg, which gracefully move across the instep. The cables wind in opposite directions on each sock, so it has a built in anti-second sock syndrome device! Gauge is 31 stitches and 44 rows over 4” in stockinette stitch on US size 1/2.25 mm needles. I used one entire skein of Colinette's Jiiterbug in Vatican Pie. I've got size 7 1/2 feet, so if your feet are bigger, pick up two skeins, or a different sock yarn. There are loads of sales going on this week at almost all the local yarn shops. So stock up with this pattern in mind! If you're planning on making more holiday presents, these socks took me about 4 days.

6 comments:

Angela said...

Those are BEautiful.

Katie said...

I heart Warren Sapp too! But I think Brooke is going to win. :-(

I love the socks too! They would so take me longer than 4 days to knit though! I am just to the first toe of the Christmas socks that I cast on 2 Saturdays ago for my dad, and those are just plain stocking stitch! Good thing I have had insomnia lately or I might just be to the first heel! :-D

Northside Knitter said...

Wow, fabulous socks that are knit in my all-time favorite color. Now I just need to finish my Christmas knitting so that I can make a pair of these for myself.

Hope you have a great holiday!

Diane

Kristi said...

Love the socks! So pretty!

Nita said...

Lervy, lervy!
You may have given me my first pair of "non-vanilla" socks pattern. I've made 4 pair just trying to get the recipe in my head...I think I'd like to make these next and I have 2 skeins of jitterbug. Score!!

Romi said...

Great socks!

Thank you for the sweet note on my blog. xoxoxoxoxoxo!! :)